Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Women...

Have you ever watched Dawson's Creek? OC? One Tree Hill? If you're a guy, the answer better be no. No self respecting guy would voluntarily subject himself to the torture of attempting to follow the drama that so many females in our country find enjoyable. Now, my aim is not to ridicule women for their taste in daytime television, but rather to try and point out some of the differences between testosterone filled men, and their estrogen infused counterparts.
Whether or not they will admit it or not, women thrive on drama. Now I know if you're a woman reading this you're probably shaking your head thinking: "I do not! Maybe other girls, but not me!"... uh huh... Now if you're a guy reading this(as long as your significant other isn't in the room) you're probably nodding your head in unabashed agreement.
The term "Drama" has a stigma about it that all women try to avoid(at least that's what they'll tell you), but the truth of it is that drama, as guys define it, has more to do with the way women think than with any funky love triangle with rico suave and his two gorgeous bimbos that always seem to be fighting over him. As I(a man among men) see it, when a woman spends more than a smattering of seconds trying to figure out the hidden meaning behind a one syllable answer given by a man, that is the definition of drama. Women have the unique ability to divine, out of totally innocent comments, compex hidden meanings that we, as men collectively, could not dream up.
To quote a favorite movie of mine:(Get Smart 2008) Woman: "do you ever think before you speak? Man: "nope. I just whip it out there." This pretty much sums up a guys thinking process before he opens his mouth. Maybe it's the testosterone, maybe it's something else(Me? I like to blame my abundance of testosterone), but whatever the reason, women: don't judge your man too harshly because he doesn't pick up your subtle hints, or doesn't follow your dizzyingly complex train of thought, he's a guy. We don't do complex.
What better way to drive this point home, than to give an example. Since I know that at least a couple of women are going to read this post at some point, I have for health reasons, decided NOT to use my own personal experiences(of which I have a plethora of examples to choose from). The following story(given me by my boss, a woman) should illustrate my point nicely: http://homepage.eircom.net/%257Eodyssey/Quotes/Modern_World/Dbr.html


*Disclaimer: The phrase "Bros before Hoes" should not be taken as a personal affront by women. It in no way implies that the woman or women in question have a questionable nature, but only refers to the camaraderie felt towards a fellow man, and the need to have another testosterone driven individual around.

1 comment:

C.A. Marten said...

That link is really worth it. It made me laugh very hard... then cry... then it made me bake 4 chimichangas with about a pint of salsa on them with a quart of milk. That made me feel better. hmmm, I think I need to change the oil in my truck too...