Friday, November 14, 2008

Raging Hormones?

Last night I didn't get much sleep... what else is new? Like so many things in my life- I tend to try too hard. Now before you can't focus because you are laughing so hard let me explain. Words in the Malagasy language are so simple, they can be broken down into really simple terms. For example: filazantsara is the gospel, and literally translated it is "good news", there are no funky Latin roots, but simple everyday Malagasy. I don't think that there is a Malagasy word for Hormones, but if there were it would be something like "fampadalian-dehilahy" , literally translated "a thing that makes men crazy".

I stayed up until like 1:20 AM last night talking to a beautiful girl on the phone; could I have stopped the conversation at 12:00 when it was still just a normal 15 minute phone call? Of course I could! But I didn't even want to! That's the Maha-mampadala an-azy (too hard to translate... help please fellow Malagasy speakers?), I actually enjoyed it! Every joke, each and every anecdote, and... ok, well listening to her explain how all these guys were fawning all over her was kind of tedious, but everything else was amazingly enjoyable. Thank you Testosterone, for making me late to class this morning.

Anyway... my apartment is dirty. You may think that you know what I mean, but I assure you you do not. I sadly decided to wash my bike inside in my kitchen and shower. I felt like Kramer from Seinfeld washing his dishes in the shower... hmmm, I might try that. Back to my original point- there is mud caked on every inch of my floor, and my sink and shower have about 1 inch of dirt, grass, and gravel in them. Thanks again Testosterone for making me go trail riding in 3 inches of mud. BUT I LIKED IT! It's like the man dying of emphysema that still wants a cigarette. I ENJOYED EVERY SCINTILLATING SECOND!!!

On a totally separate note- I would like to take this opportunity to announce my endorsement of Rider #3's words of wisdom regarding helmets. I myself have recently purchased a helmet of enormous proportions. Not only does this helmet protect my semi-valuable melon, but also my extremely valuable and abnormally large nose!

You see depicted here not only a helmet, but a Lady magnet! I can't go anywhere with this baby on without people staring in awe at the sheer beauty of the thing. The amount of double takes alone is staggering, they can't keep their little eyes off me as I ride proudly around town. Helmets are as wonderful as they are beautiful.

Now you know all of the exciting things that have befallen me so far in this magical land known as... North Dakota.

1 comment:

Wally III said...

I am sure that you get funny looks when you ride around town; it is -10 degrees. Cold enough to freeze common household substances. I would look at you funny too.