Friday, November 13, 2009

Never good enough...

No, I'm not talking about girls, I'm actually talking about myself (I know, that's hard to believe...). I just finished taking a PT test for ROTC which consists of how many pushups you can do in 2 min, situps in 2 min, and a 2 mile run. now, I do ok, I finished my 2 mile run in 2nd place and managed to get 65 pushups and 66 situps, but for some reason, for me that's just not good enough. I never thought of myself as a perfectionist, and for most things I'm not. Take schoolwork for instance, I could car less about alot of it, I'll write a paper in red crayon if I have to. Other areas of my life however I have found that I am quite obsessive about getting everything done right. Working out is one of those areas, no matter what I do, I always want to do better. Sure I ran 2 miles in 14:32, a personal best for me, but I'm still not happy with that. It's too bad really, that I can't be happy with mediocrity... So despite my reasonably good score on my PT test I am currently formulating ways to improve my score and get in better shape. So until I stop feeling like this:
and start feeling more like this:
I plan on pretty much killing myself to get in shape. My own personal goal is to become my own version of leonidis. "Never retreat, never surrender"