Thursday, October 29, 2009

...Close your eyes and sleep my child...

I, after many failures, finally managed to get to bed on time last night. This is no easy task to be sure; However I feel so much better and more productive that it may just be worth it. I hereby proclaim that 12:00 midnight will be my new bedtime on the weekdays, Saturday, and Sunday (basically everyday except Friday. Which then begs the question, "does that mean I don't have to go to bed on time on Thursdays too?" I have no classes on Friday, thus upgrading my Thursday into a Friday, and my Friday into a Saturday, gifting me with 2 blessed Saturdays). If that is the case then Maybe I shouldn't have to go to bed on time on Sunday or Tuesday either since I don't have classes those days until 1700 hours. I know, I know. I'm really trying to get a job. I now have 10 applications in and will call every last one of them tomorrow to demand to know why on earth they haven't hired me yet. In the mean time though, I am up to level 41 on Call of Duty and recently played some of my best games receiving scores such as: 23/7 (kills/deaths), 22/12, and 18/10*. Maybe I could put some of those on my resume, just to show them that I mean business. So, in summary: I will go to bed on time every single day, except Tuesday, Thursday (my Friday), Friday (my first Saturday) and Sunday. I feel so much better about myself now.
Speaking of Myself... I am now in the market for a new pair of spectacles. I have gone for quite a while with only contacts and find myself wearing them to bed more often than not. This causes my eyes to be quite dry in the mornings and I can't imagine it is good for them either. So the decision was made to purchase some glasses to wear while I'm just Chillaxin in the mornings and Evenings, and also on Tuesday, My Friday, My first Saturday, and Sunday. I prognosticate that this will greatly increase the overall happiness of my eyeballs. Maybe even allowing me to get such scores as 30/5, or 22/2. *sigh* oh college... what a horrible and unhealthy existence.

*Only the first mentioned score is confirmed- other scores are not exact numbers and in fact may or may not be complete lies...

2 comments:

Wally III said...

You used some great words in there. I think that Thursday should have a bedtime and then make Friday mornings the time when you work out like a stallion. Then Friday nights should be the optional one; you can stay up late if you have something to do, but if you don't then go to sleep on time then study in the morning. I am still working on getting up in the mornings and working out. I think I would be so much more productive if I did that.

As for your Call of Duty...the glasses will work wonders. Make sure you get a comfortable pair!

Kuna said...

I never figured you would pick a pair of horn rimmed glasses... but comfort is under-rated now days if you ask me. I can just picture you lounging in front of the tv in a pair of sweats and your Gs eating ritz crackers and easy cheese, trying to kill as many people as you can in Call of Duty... now that's comfort!