Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You've got better things to do?

Most assuredly there are people who have better things to do- My writing here however, is evidence that I am not numbered among those blessed/unfortunate souls. The best thing that I have to do right now just happens to be the thing I least want to do in life... Homework.

I remember fondly the buddings of each new semester- where a "new" Caleb optimistically registers for a plethora of classes that will push him to excellence. This Beginning of the Semester Caleb very readily commits all of Middle of the Semester Caleb's time and whenever Middle of the Semester Caleb slacks off- he assures himself that End of the Semester Caleb is all powerful and can accomplish any task no matter how little time he has allotted. After all End of the Semester Caleb IS all powerful- and can turn any grade into a passing one... What a stud!

I guess there is evidence of these three personalities in all of my relationships too. Except the stud among the relationship Caleb's is found in the Beginning of the Relationship Caleb. It remains an inexplicable miracle that despite the scanty resources to draw from, Beginning of the Relationship Caleb manages to capture the interest and steal the hearts of many an unwitting maiden. Middle of the Relationship Caleb simply has to have fun to draw them further in, until inevitably End of the Relationship Caleb AKA "Bruiser" swoops down. Bruiser lives off the hearts of these poor innocent beauties (similar to how I live off of bacon) by simply informing them that Beginning and Middle of Relationship Caleb didn't mean that they wanted a serious relationship- or maybe they did, but End of the Relationship Caleb convinced them otherwise (he can be very persuasive). Only one has ever seemed to satisfy End of Relationship Caleb, one who craftily sidestepped this Bruiser by cutting it off scarcely after Beginning of Relationship Caleb. This mysterious and wondrous maiden will remain cloaked in secrecy as the only one who has bested the beastly End of Relationship Caleb... *sigh*... someday...

4 comments:

Adrianna said...

hahaha. Caleb your a dork, but I love you analogy! And I would like to know who this mystery woman is....:D

Anonymous said...

Hey Beginning of the Semester Caleb - I hope you are living up to all your hype. For someone who seems like they know what is going on, you do a lot of crazy things. By the way - I think I know who the mystery maiden is. It's... Just kidding, I'll tell you later. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think your dates are a bit messed up. No, not your dates with girls, but your blog dates :)

Adrianna said...

Caleb..I tagged you in 6 Random things (check my blog for what I mean)